We get many enquiries from people who want/need bookkeeping work experience because they are finding it difficult to get a job, as employers don't want to take on anyone who hasn't got experience.
We don't need volunteers. So, we've introduced a program, to offer a work placement to those who want / need it.
1. Qualified bookkeepers e.g. AAT or ICB (any level) - i.e. passed exams (and just want the practical work experience)
2. Willingness to learn
3. Bright - can apply 'theory' to 'practice'
We offer work experience placements for a fee of £125 per week - payable to Boogles in advance (cheque, cash, card accepted). in an office.
Our placements are very flexible. They don't have to be 5 days per week - they can be 1 day per week, for 5 weeks. Or 2 days per week for 9 weeks. Upon application - please state your preferred working hours.
We take a maximum of two placements at any one time (to enable us to give you the time 1-2-1 if necessary), to have time to check your work ad give you feedback. You are stationed in our office on City Road. Hours are flexible, so if you need to start late e.g. 10am, and finish early e.g. 230pm to do the school run, or make a college class or to fit it in around other commitments - that is fine.
The placement fee of £125 is based on 35 hours work experience. We will provide you with help and support during the placement and a reference thereafter.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- your availability e.g. Tuesdays and Fridays
- the preferred duration of your placement e.g. 2-6pm etc.,
- what experience do you want to cover e.g. do you want to use Sage? do you want experience using Quickbooks? Do you want credit control experience etc.,
...And we'll tailor the tasks to suit you.
There isn't any tea making involved (bring a flask). This is just hands on, real life, roll up your sleeves, get involved - work experience.